Soft and gooey on the inside and crisp on the outside, these baked Maple Churros are the perfect macro-friendly take on a Spanish treat with the benefit of extra protein!Download Recipe Card
- 2 scoops Breakfast in Bed GLAM PRO
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp ghee butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp truvia brown sugar blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (gluten free works if you add 1 tsp xanthan gum)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp stevia
- 1/2 tbsp truvia brown sugar blend
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Mix flour and Glam Pro together well in a bowl
- Combine water, ghee, brown sugar blend, and salt in a medium saucepan
- Cook over medium-high heat until the ghee is melted and the mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour/protein mixture until completely incorporated and the mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let cool for 5 minutes
- Whisk eggs and vanilla in a small bowl well for about 60 seconds
- Add eggs/vanilla to the dough in the pan and stir until completely incorporated. Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a 3/4-inch
- Pipe the dough onto the prepared baking sheet to make 10 churros, each about 4 inches long. Bake the churros, until puffed and browned, about 25 minutes. (Start checking at 20 minutes)
- Combine extra stevia, trivia blend and cinnamon on a shallow plate. Roll the hot churros in the mixture and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!